EMERGENCY DESIGNATED EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATORS (DECE)
The Waterloo Region District School Board is currently seeking applications for ‘Emergency Designated Early Childhood Educators’.
Work may be available on Friday, October 26, 2018. Work may also be available during the Christmas (Jan 2, 3, 4, 2019) and March Breaks (March 11-15, 2019). Note: This posting does not guarantee work.
The Emergency DECE will also provide supervision and age appropriate learning for groups of students as part of the Extended Day and Youth Development programs as required. The Emergency DECE will report to the Supervisors of the Extended Day Program.
- Students enrolled in Recreation and Leisure program
- Students enrolled in the Early Childhood Educator Diploma or Degree program
- Candidates currently in Good Standing in Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators are not permitted to apply to this posting.
- Please do not apply to this posting if you do not hold the appropriate qualifications.
- NOTES: The Successful Candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Background Check including the Vulnerable Sector, dated within the last 6 months. This must be received in Human Resources prior to the commencement of employment. Please note; the Board does not assume any cost associated with the Criminal Reference Check.
- Social Insurance Number (SIN) and date of birth will be required at the time of an offer of employment.
- Successful applicants will be required to complete online Health and Safety training and will be required to review Extended Day procedures.
First reference must be from a program placement (if applicable). Second reference must be from a teacher/instructor/professor from the Early Childhood Educator or Recreation and Leisure program.
Note: Successful placement on the Emergency Designated Early Childhood Educator Supply List does not guarantee placement on the Board’s Designated Early Childhood Educator Supply List.