Position 1 Hours: Monday to Friday, 11:30 am and 6:00 pm
Position 2 Hours: Monday to Friday, up to 40 hours per week (up to 8 hours per day), Shift times adjusted between 7:00 am and 5:30 pm depending on arrival/departure times of the children.
For Both Positions:
- Permanent Full Time
- Start Date: Tuesday October 10th, 2023
- Pay Rate: $23.418 per hour + additional $1 per hour received from CWELCC funding + eligible employees may receive a Provincial Wage Enhancement Grant (PWEG) of up to $2/hour for in-ratio hours based on the terms and conditions outlined by the Ministry of Education
- Benefits: Extended Health and Dental Benefits | Registered Pension Plan (4.5% Employer contribution) | Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) | Paid Sick Time (based on accrual) | Life Insurance | Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- To plan and implement a stimulating, developmentally appropriate play-based program for children and their families
- To work as part of a team of Childcare Workers and monitor the quality of the program
- To provide a warm and nurturing environment for children and families
- To maintain effective communication with staff, parents and coordinator\
- To ensure the health and safety of the children
- To act as a positive role model for the children
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Experience working with children ages 4 months to 5 years in a licensed childcare setting
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member
- Registered Early Childhood Educator Diploma
- Vulnerable Sector Check document
- Standard First Aid and CPR Level-C certification
- Vaccine Verification - As a condition of employment you are required to provide confirmation that you are vaccinated against COVID-19 or have proof of valid exemption satisfactory to the employer. You must acknowledge and agree to comply with any future vaccine policy requirements as an ongoing condition of employment at the YW Kitchener-Waterloo
Online through Indeed: Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) - Full Time - Jean Steckle - Kitchener, ON - Indeed.com
We respect the dignity and worth of individuals.
We value diversity among people.
We respect the fundamental right to self-determination.
We acknowledge the holistic nature of human needs–body, mind, & spirit.
We ensure that women are respected, their voices are heard, and their issues are addressed.
We focus clearly, but not exclusively, on women and girls.
We act with integrity and are accountable to our community.