Start Date & Duration: September 5 - December 22, 2023
Location: 10 Boniface Avenue, Kitchener Ontario N2C 1L9
- A Conestoga College Early Childhood Education student who has completed at least two semesters and has a desire to learn and practice assisting within a classroom environment.
- Excellent physical and mental health
- Possess a personal internalized sense of order
- Exemplify courtesy and respect for self and others
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all Sunshine Montessori School staff. To ensure adequate staffing, positive employee morale, and to meet expected standards throughout the school, staff will be held accountable for adhering to their schedules.
General Job Description
- Support and maintain the directions set out by the classroom teachers and school administration.
- Be responsible and aware of the safety of the children at all times.
- Relate problems of behaviour to the lead teacher and seek guidance regarding discipline.
- Report and document all incidents of injury of any child while in your care.
- Keep toileting areas, hallways and classroom areas free from debris or hazardous materials.
- Supervise children in the playground and ensure their safety.
- Convey information to other teachers in your class concerning the special needs of particular children to provide for better adult-child relations.
- Be available for training sessions.
- Assist with arrival procedures of children