- To take an active role working in a program with children with complex needs
- To implement engaging and developmentally appropriate activities for 4-12 year old's which allow for choice, creativity, and independence
- To take responsibility for the health and safety of the children in your care
- To follow daily schedules and take responsibility for clean up and organization of supplies
- To act as a positive role model for children
- To work as a part of a team of Youth Development Workers
- Maintaining effective communication with staff, parents, facility staff and manager
- Registered Early Childhood Educator or related degree such as Recreation and Leisure, Child and Youth Worker (subject to approval by the Ministry of Education)
- Experience working with complex needs children
- Minimum one year experience with School Age children, preferably in a childcare, education or recreation setting
- Understanding of the Child Care and Early Years Act and familiarity with the use of assessment tools such as ECERS, ITERS, SACERS, High Five
- Enthusiasm, initiative and a working knowledge of child development
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification
- Standard Food Safety Handler's Certificate
YW employees are expected to demonstrate respect, empathy, and accountability to the people who access our services, and to attend work as regular attendance is critical to maintaining the highest quality and level of service expected in delivering services.
Rate of pay: $21.69 per hour, with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits
Hours: Monday to Friday 2:45 pm to 5:30 pm: 13.75 hours a week
Please respond in writing by August 30, 2021 to:
Children's Services Assistant Coordinator
YW School Age Programs
153 Frederick St.
Kitchener, ON N2H 2M2
YW Kitchener-Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applicants from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, gender, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. YW Kitchener-Waterloo is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.