Applications will only be accepted from applicants currently registered with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators and current Early Childhood Education students scheduled to graduate prior to August 2024. NOTE that conditional offers will be made to successful applicants until such time as registration with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators in Good Standing is confirmed. Prior to registration, successful candidates may be deployed on an emergency basis.
The Designated Early Childhood Educator (DECE) will partner with the classroom teacher to plan and implement a full-day early learning kindergarten program within a classroom setting. The DECE will also provide supervision and age-appropriate learning for groups of students as part of the extended day program as required. The DECE will report to the Principal of the school.
Successful candidates for the supply positions will be working on an “on-call” basis from September to June.
- Hold a two year community college Early Childhood Education Diploma preferably with experience in a childcare of educational setting (or in the final year of the program)
- Provide proof of registration with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators (or in process)
- Valid Standard First Aid with CPR Level C/AED
Social Insurance Number (SIN), date of birth, and proof of educational qualifications will be required at the of an offer of employment.
A condition of employment requires that you pass the Board's physical testing component. Addi information will be provided during the interview.
The Waterloo Region District School Board is committed to hiring people who believe in our vision and mission statement and will assist us in implementing our six key strategic directions.
Celebrating the gifts of each and every student by creating limitless opportunities for them to flourish, grow and become their best selves.
Creating learning environments where all students excel as they become skilled, caring, and compassionate global citizens.
- Centering students
- Support for student and staff well-being
- Equitable opportunities and outcomes
- Strengthen connections through family and community engagement
- Increase student learning through engagement
- Collaboration and compassion for transformation