Position: 1-year full-time Registered Early Childhood Educator contract
Salary: $22.30 - $28.58 per hour
Tentative Start Date: February 5, 2024
- ECE Diploma or Degree as recognized by the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Knowledge and experience with How Does Learning Happen? Ontario's Pedagogy for the Early Years (2014)
- Registered member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Valid certification in Standard First Aid and CPR-C
- Clear Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screen
- Adhere to the Child Care Early Years Act, 2014, and all Bright Starts CELC policies and procedures.
- Implement the approaches as communicated within our Program Statement
- Ensure children are properly supervised at all times.
- Nurture children's healthy development and well-being
- Cultivate partnerships with parents where relationships are respectful of structure, culture, values, language and knowledge.
- Support children's growing sense of self
- Create environments and experiences to engage children in active, creative, and meaningful exploration, play, and inquiry.
- Allow children to actively explore, investigate, take manageable risks, and engage in creative problem-solving.
- Appreciate that children have unique needs and a variety of learning styles, methods of understanding and constructing knowledge.
- Engage in constructive relationships with community agencies.
- Remain current in professional knowledge, skills and values.
- Participate in ongoing assessments of the early learning environments.
- Contribute to advancing quality through Early Years Engage initiatives.
Heidi Nielsen, Quality Engagement and Workforce Advisor
Thank you for your interest in Bright Starts CELC; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.