Job Type: Full-time, Part-time, Casual, Permanent
Address: 1284 Ottawa St South, Kitchener, ON N2E 1M1
Salary: $18.00+ per hour
Early Years Education System (EYES) Kitchener is a small business in Kitchener, ON. We are engaging, creative, and collaborative, and our goal is to provide high quality inclusive childcare and children services. Our priority is to promote and enhance each child’s early learning development.
Our work environment includes:
- Safe work environment
- Casual work attire
- Food provided
Welcome to EYES Childcare Kitchener!
We have 2 full-time ECE position available at our Kitchener branch. The candidate must be a registered ECE in good standing.
Our programs focus on the social and emotional development of the early learner, ages 12 months to 4 years old. Our programming goals include self help, effective communication, child-directed and inquiry-based learning with a focus on loose parts and open-ended activities. We promote outdoor play and connectivity with nature and are looking for dynamic and energetic educators to join us.
- To plan a developmentally appropriate program, using a variety of techniques.
- To plan a program that meets individual, and group needs
- To plan a daily schedule that provides for quiet activities, indoor and outdoor activities.
- To maintain an effective and consistent approach to child guidance that meets the legislative requirements as set down in the Behavior Management Policy.
- To make sure that the activity centers are equipped and maintained.
- To maintain a clean, safe environment and follow the approved sanitary procedures.
- To ensure that the equipment and toys are in good repair.
- To administer medication as directed by the child's physician and maintain the necessary documentation as required by the D.N.A.
- To give first aid when needed.
- To conduct daily health checks, record illnesses and notify parents.
- To help the children with daily routines such as eating and toileting.
- To establish pleasant eating and rest routines.
- To make sure the children are appropriately dressed for indoors and outdoors, depending on weather conditions.
- To give support and direction to assistant teachers, follow the timetable and shift assignments
- To attend staff meetings and activities hosted by the childcare center.
- To dress in a professional manner, appropriate for a childcare setting.
- To help with record keeping such as attendance forms, be aware of any health issues or allergies
- To maintain an open, professional communication with parents.
- To keep the Centre Supervisor informed of any pertinent information
- Such other duties that the Employer may assign, necessary to the operation of EYES(Employer).
- Registered Early Childhood Educator.
- Training/experience/volunteering in a field that relates to the needs of children with Special Needs or differing abilities/diagnosis considered an asset
- Experience working in a licensed childcare setting an asset
- Resource Teacher/ Consultant, Early Interventionist, Behavioural Science (i.e. ABA, IBI), Non-Violent Crisis Prevention and Intervention certification or equivalent an asset
- Knowledge of behaviour management theory, strategies, and techniques an asset
- Ability to use frequent light to medium physical effort: lifting up to 20 kg (44 lbs.), bending and stooping
- Must be able to work outdoors for at least 2 hours daily year-round; may be exposed to heat, humidity or cold
- All staff working with children are required under the Child Care and Early Year’s Act to have a valid standard first aid certification including infant and child cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) prior to the first day of work
All staff is required to wear a face mask and Eye protection provided by the centre.
Additionally, Indoor shoes are required at all times.
Send resume to email@example.com