RECE Starting Wage: $27.73 per hour plus 4% Vacation Pay *this rate is subject to receipt of eligible Provincial Grants
Non-RECE Starting Wage: $21.51 per hour plus 4% Vacation Pay and Wage Enhancement
To plan and implement age-appropriate programs to enhance the cognitive, physical, social, and emotional develop of children according to Jacob Hespeler Childcare Centre’s Mission, Vision, Philosophy and Program Statements, the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014, How Does Learning Happen?, and Public Health Guidelines.
To adhere to all JHCCC policies and procedures as set by the Board of Directors.
- ECE Diploma, Degree or equivalent as approved by the Ministry of Education, or working toward your ECE qualification
- Registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators, not required if currently enrolled in ECE Diploma course
- Valid Standard First Aid & Infant and Child CPR level C certificate
- An original Police Vulnerable Sector Check dated within 6 months prior to being hired
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination (2 dose minimum)
- Certificates of completion of WHMIS and Health and Safety Training
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with families, colleagues, school board personnel, and the community
- Be organized and pay attention to detail with the ability to set priorities and complete assigned duties with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, flexibility, dedication, and dependability
- Have a passion for life-long learning
- Knowledge of the pedagogical documentation cycle and implementing emergent curriculum
- Ability to use professional judgement daily within guidelines established by the College of Early Childhood Educators, Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014, the Region of Waterloo and program policies
email@example.com by Tuesday, February 13, 2024
Jacob Hespeler Child Care Centres welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.