Wilmot Family Resource Centre is currently hiring a half-time contract Early Life Educator for 20 hours per week. The expected start date is in January 2023.
To be eligible to apply, candidate must be a registered member of the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators as a RECE (Registered Early Childhood Educator).
Strong candidates for this position will have:
- 2 years’ experience working in programs with children from birth to age six and their families / caregivers, preferably in a community setting
- Experience working within a diverse and inclusive environment
- Demonstrated interest, knowledge, and or experience with current curriculum, play-based learning and early learning pedagogy, specifically the Ministry of Education’s How Does Learning Happen? document
- Proficient in the use of computers and various software applications (Microsoft Office Suite, Canva, Zoom)
- Social media knowledge and skills in Facebook (Twitter and Instagram an asset)
- Experience and proficiency with parent engagement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be able to problem solve, manage time well and prioritize responsibilities
- Be able to work effectively independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Standard First Aid with CPR Level C required
- Clean Vulnerable Sector Police Records Check
- Mandatory Covid-19 vaccination policy is in place for all employees
- Access to vehicle required
- Implementing and engaging caregivers and children in in-person and virtual online play based activities and programs that promote early learning and child development
- Encourage a welcoming, inclusive and safe environment for children and their families
- Establish and maintain collaborative, supportive relationships with children, their families, colleagues, and community stakeholders
- Assist families with accessing information and community resources related to child development and early childhood learning
- Set-up of program areas that are inviting to play and create a safe and welcoming environment
- Travel to locations across Wilmot & Wellesley Townships to provide EarlyON mobile site programs and services
Applicants will only be considered if they include a resume (point form) that clearly demonstrates how their previous skills and experience correspond to each of the above requirements.
Wilmot Family Resource Centre is committed to employment equity and providing equal opportunity for people with disabilities. We encourage applications from people representing the diverse communities we serve, and if requested, we modify our recruitment and hiring processes to make accommodations that are responsive to applicants’ needs.