Wilmot Family Resource Centre (WFRC) is a charitable, multi- service organization serving Wilmot & Wellesley Townships, focusing on strong and healthy communities where all individuals are accepted and where there are opportunities to participate and grow.
- A diploma or enrolment in a program directly related to this position
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, strong organizational and time management skills
- Is creative, adaptable and can think beyond normative approaches to designing and implementing quality programs for children
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to inspire others
- Able to work and contribute to team health and productivity
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision • Access to transportation • Clean Vulnerable Police Records Check
- Mandatory Covid-19 vaccination policy is in place for all
- Assists with planning, implementation, promotion, administration and evaluation of program(s) to meet agency goals
- Ensures programs and services are managed in accordance with the agency’s policies and procedures to ensure the safety of participants
- Ensures youth are involved in the program planning process
- Provides opportunities for children and youth to be inspired by positive role modeling
- Encourages partnerships with various groups and agencies, acting as a resource to provide leadership in the youth-centered activities
- Monitors the delivery of programs to ensure program goals of fostering self-esteem, resiliency, empathy and skill development of children and youth are being met
- Assists with coordination of the agency’s organized events including planning, entertainment, promotion, fundraising, media and public relations
- Deals effectively and tactfully with parents and the general public in receiving, directing, and relaying concerns to the appropriate staff
- Other duties as assigned
Pending funding approval: 35 hours per week for 10 weeks. Evening and weekend shifts may be required.
Range of Pay: $16.00/hr to $18.00/hr Apply in confidence with cover letter and resume, no later than 4:30 pm on March 20, 2023 to:
Attn: Hiring Committee
Mail: 175 Waterloo St., Unit 1, New Hamburg
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Wilmot Family Resource Centre is committed to employment equity and providing equal opportunity for people with disabilities. We encourage applications from people representing the diverse communities we serve, and if requested, we modify our recruitment and hiring processes to make accommodations that are responsive to applicants’ needs. Preference may be given to applicants who self-identify of indigenous ancestry.