- Position 1 - 31.25 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 11:30am to 6:00pm | Location: Jean Steckle Childcare Centre, 130 Woodbine Ave, Kitchener | Start Date: November 1, 2022
- Position 2 - 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, rotating shift | Location: St. Paul Childcare Centre, 45 Birchcliff Avenue, Kitchener | Start Date: ASAP
- Full Time Permanent
- Pay Rate: $22.918 per hour
- Benefits: Registered Pension Plan 4.5% Employer contribution, Extended Health and Dental Benefits, Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D), Life insurance, Paid Sick and Vacation Time (based on accrual), Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- To plan and implement a stimulating, developmentally appropriate play-based program for children and their families
- To work as part of a team of Childcare Workers and monitor the quality of the program
- To provide a warm and nurturing environment for children and families
- To maintain effective communication with staff, parents and coordinator
- To ensure the health and safety of the children
- To act as a positive role model for the children
Skills, Qualifications, & Requirements:
- Registered Early Childhood Educator Diploma (required)
- Current Vulnerable Sector Check and Standard First Aid and CPR Level-C certification (required)
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member
OR in writing to YW Childcare Department, 153 Frederick Street, Kitchener ON N2H 2M2 No phone calls please.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YW Guiding Principles:
We respect the dignity and worth of individuals.
We value diversity among people.
We respect the fundamental right to self-determination.
We acknowledge the holistic nature of human needs–body, mind, & spirit.
We ensure that women are respected, their voices are heard, and their issues are addressed.
We focus clearly, but not exclusively, on women and girls.
We act with integrity and are accountable to our community.
The YW Kitchener-Waterloo is committed to developing an organization that is reflective of and responsive to the diversity of Kitchener-Waterloo, in which all people are respected and valued. If you require accommodation throughout the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs.