Reports to (Title) Chief Administrative Officer
Job Description last updated on (Date): May 6, 2022
GENERAL DESCRIPTION (OVERVIEW) OF POSITION
To direct, manage and coordinate the operations of the Vanastra Early Childhood Learning Centre. Establish and ensure quality care, adherence to the Child Care and Early Years Act 2014 (CCEYA) regulations, and maintenance of a safe and healthy environment conducive to the emotional, physical, social and intellectual development of the children in your care.
Must hold an Early Childhood Education Diploma from a recognized community college or equivalent. Knowledge of general management principles and practices specifically as they relate to Child Care. Well educated in How Does Learning Happen and Elect Document.
Formal Training (designation(s) or certification(s)) required: Certification by the Association of Early Childhood Education of Ontario
Experience - Minimum number of years of related work experience necessary to achieve proficiency on the job.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Early Childhood Education.
- Experience working with job related software (Microsoft Office).
- Shall possess strong management and supervisory skills within a non-unionized environment, public relations, record keeping, problem solving, report writing, project/time management, analytical, communication skills, both oral and written and shall exhibit excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be competent within the meaning of the Occupational Health & Safety Act with a thorough knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety standards governing the Municipality.
- Must ensure a high level of confidentiality, integrity and professionalism at all times.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class G Driver’s Licence.
The ideal applicant should possess a post secondary education in Early Childhood Education or equivalent, hold Certification by the Association of Early Childhood Education of Ontario, have a minimum of five years of experience in early childhood education, thorough knowledge relevant legislation and superior communication skills.
Municipality of Huron East offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
A complete job description is available by visiting the Huron East website https://www.huroneast.com/en/town-hall/employment-and-volunteering.aspx.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.