St. John’s Christian Nursery School
22 Willow Street
St. John’s is currently hiring a Supervisor or Operations
- Work hours will be 25-30 hours a week, with the schedule and duties arranged with the Director.
- St. John’s operates September through June (closed July and August, Christmas and March break)
- Employment agreement is for 10 months of the year. (Sept through June)
- Extra hours will be required for special events and required Board meetings and these will be compensated accordingly.
- First aid/CPR
- Provide VSC
- 2 years’ experience in a leadership/supervisory role
- Assist the Director to carry out the decisions of the Board of Directors in order to fulfill the goals and objectives of the centre.
- Establish a healthy and supportive environment encouraging educators to strive for excellence and professionalism.
- Supervise staff and monitor compliance and contraventions through observations and discussion with educators
- Respond to family questions and requests that aligns with St. John’s program statement
- Assist the Director with the daily operations of the Nursery School office and programs.
- Maintain the database, allergy lists, medical and anaphylactic plans
- Record all fees paid by families, and enter fees into database and complete all bank deposits
- Reconcile weekly attendance and record any extra days or extended on fee files
- Answer phone and respond to family requests
- Respond to emails from families
- Maintain and update Onelist, based on enrollment
- Complete monthly newsletters, fire drills and playground inspections
- Complete weekly tap flushing, monthly monitoring of tap temperatures, and annual tap testing
- Maintain first aid kit levels and basic supplies required for the programs
- Maintain Immunization List for Public Health
- Maintain lunch orders and abide to all dietary restrictions
- Conduct communication between the Snack and Purchasing committees for any required purchases
- Weekly shopping (if required)
- Email weekly accident reports to parents
- Help plan and implement any special events
- Direct liaison for all Students and Volunteers, including orientation and maintaining the required paperwork
- Update all forms, policies, handbooks, and educator duties when changes made
- Give tours of the school, prepare enrollment packages
- Fulfill duties of the Director when required or when the Director is absent, report to the Director/and or Board of Directors when necessary.
- Fill in as supply in the classrooms to cover ratio, or help educators when needed
- Address emergency issues, or Ministry of Education requirements in absence of the Director
- ** During COVID-19 additional duties of daily screening, maintaining PPE supplies, and helping with enhanced cleaning protocols **
Interested individuals should submit a Resume by Friday October 30th, 2020:
Christine Helgerman, Director St. John’s Christian Nursery School