Hours: 40 hours per week Rate: $32.00 per hour
Job Summary: The Assistant Child Care Director will directly be overseeing the recruitment and retention of the entire child care department with the Director of Child Care Services. They will be responsibility for creating a great employee experience from first point of contact with the YWCA Cambridge. They will implement employee retention strategies and resources. They will support the department by providing strategies, resources and education to build on staffs current capacity and knowledge.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Early Childhood Educator with working experience in all age groups.
• Must have up to date documentation required by the Ministry of Education and Public Health: membership with the College of Early Childhood Educators, current certifications (First Aid CPR Level C), immunizations and a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Reference Check.
• Minimum of 2-year experience working the ELCC sector is preferred with demonstrated skills in organization, public relations, teamwork and commitment.
• Experience related to recruitment
• Certificate/diploma in area of Human Resources
• Experience working with children with varied abilities.
• Working knowledge of Early Learning Framework (ELF), CCEYA and How Does Learning Happen.
• Proven ability to implement emergent and Reggio Emilia Curriculum.
• Ability to interpret and implement organizational policies and procedures, guidelines and protocols of external governing bodies such as Public Health and Ministry of Education.
• Works with Inclusion Facilitator, external agencies, services and resources including local community agencies within the child and family sector to provide integrated seamless programs.
• Strong collaborative, interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including active listening skills. • Ability to use tact, discretion, sound judgement, fair and effective problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
• Highly motivated with strong organizational capabilities to manage multiple projects with the ability to multi task and prioritize effectively.
• Ability and experience with guiding, mentoring and coaching others.
• Work independently, contribute, and be an influential member of a multidisciplinary team.
• Working understanding and use of technology and software such as Microsoft products/Office Suite
• A valid driver's license with access to a vehicle is required.
• Able to work independently and within a team environment Duties and
1. Identify appropriate strategies and resources to support all child care staff.
2. Onboard and train all new staff members joining the agency.
3. Provide direct resources for the child care staff.
4. Work closely with Child Care Supervisors to ensure that frontline staff are supported.
5. Develop and facilitate appropriate trainings for retention and recruitment purposes.
6. Prevent or resolve problems in a proactive manner.
7. Represent YWCA Cambridge in a positive and professional manner.
8. Responsible for completing staff profiles and maintaining/ensuring proper storage of all files.
9. Prepare accurate reports that outline goals for all programs, the strategies and supports as required.
10. Collaborate with other agencies and partners to support staff
11. Be flexible and prioritize needs of staff and all programs.
12. Responsible for the safety and security of staff
13. Ensure that all child care policies and procedures are followed.
14. Support our summer camp programs and counsellors.
15. Develop and execute strategic initiatives for recruiting and attracting top talent.
16. Establishing and maintaining relations with strategic recruitment partner agencies and educational institutions and organizations to establish joint programs services or initiatives.
17. Organize and participate in job fairs and networking events representing YWCA Cambridge, identify new opportunities to connect with candidates and the community.
18. Partner and maintain relationships with relevant institutions to build talent base and drive recruitment process.
19. Review and recommend improvement to recruitment practices and ensure they are applied through the entire recruiting process.
20. Manage various recruitment, reference check and on-boarding systems.
21. Conduct needs assessment, design, and deliver training for various staff in partnership with the Director and coordinate external trainings as needed.
22. Manage HR downloads account.
23. Work in partnership with supervisors and HR Team to update and implement Agency Orientation materials.
24. Develop and implement HR strategic programs that will drive increased employee satisfaction and commitment levels.
25. Facilitate formal and informal recognition efforts and events to promote community and honour the staff experience and contributions.
26. Develop employee exit program including conducting exit interviews and analyzing trends and escalate concerns as needed.
27. Plan, implement and attend various employee recognition and engagement programs including all staff meetings, trainings, and special events.
28. Work in partnership with employee assistance program to provide various training and ensure engagement with staff