YW Kitchener-Waterloo invites applications
for the position of temporary full-time
One year contract
- Perform day to day cleaning
- Cleaning duties include sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming
- Pick up debris and empty trash containers and recycling as needed.
- Remove garbage and recycling, keeping work areas clean, dry and free from hazards
- Clean/wash/disinfect assigned areas, mats, floors, common areas, sinks, toilets etc.
- Change mattresses
- Replenish supplies as needed
- Other related duties as required
- Previous cleaning experience in a shelter or similar setting is an asset
- Conscientious and willing to take initiative
- Must be able to follow both written and verbal instructions
- Practice proper operation of equipment to assure safety and avoid damage to equipment
- Understand and exceed health and safety standards
- WHMIS training is preferred
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition, can-do attitude, and enthusiasm
- Must be willing to provide Vulnerable Sector Police check
- First Aid training is considered an asset
All employees of the YW are expected to demonstrate respect, empathy, and accountability to the people who access our services, and to attend work regularly as regular attendance is critical to maintaining the highest quality and level of service expected in delivering services.
WAGE: $19.811 per hour, with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits
HOURS: 10:00am to 4:00pm – 30 hours a week
START DATE: October 1, 2020 or earlier if possible
END DATE: September 30, 2021
Please submit your resume and cover letter, indicating how you became aware of this posting by September 20, 2020 to:
YW is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YW is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.