Morningside Montessori School 450 King St East, Cambridge ON N3H 3M9
Morningside Montessori School is seeking an enthusiastic, caring, professional candidate to work within our Toddler Community. This successful candidate will work with the children, families and teachers of Morningside to support their path to reach their goals and full potential. We are seeking to fill this position immediately.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to
• Plans, implements and supports a consistent child-centred program in accordance to the Montessori philosophy.
• Completes required documentation and observations of children’s development and interactions. Attends required training and all other relevant professional development opportunities necessary for the position. Maintains qualifications and certifications as required.
• Supporting the children as needed throughout the classroom work periods, outdoor times, transitions, lunch, diapering/toileting, arrival and dismissal.
• Having open, professional, positive communication between co-workers and caregivers.
• Ability to implement and follow the Montessori Philosophy.
• Redirect, guide and support children towards independence in a loving professional environment.
• Work together as a collaborative member of the teaching team.
• Be an active, positive participant and attend in school functions, conferences, family events, staff meetings as needed.
• Provide safe and nurturing supervision and daily programming of toddler and preschool children.
• Prepare activities/crafts for both toddler and preschool aged children maintaining, cleaning and exchanging activities as needed in the aftercare and before care programs.
• Guide, model and support a calm positive environment for the children.
• Engage actively with the children to support enriched learning experiences.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, experience and attributes:
• Applicants must hold a MACTE/AMI accredited Diploma in Toddler Montessori Education and have several years of experience teaching in a Montessori environment.
• Candidates must be caring, self-motivated, patient, enthusiastic, and organized, and must have the ability to work within our school community.
• Applicants must hold an Early Childhood Education Diploma.
• Must be registered and a member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
• Minimum of 5 years of experience working with young children in a childcare and or a Montessori setting
• Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, staff and families
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrate passion with the children.
• Flexibility regarding assigned working hours, ability to work split shifts, early morning and mid-late afternoons, and at times weekends or early evenings for afterschool events or meetings etc.
• A capacity to work within a team and participate actively in supporting the school, children, families and co workers
• Have strong organizational and problem- solving skills
• A current Vulnerable Sector Check
• Current First Aid, CPR, and AED
• Professional, reliable, flexible individual that supports a team environment.
Please forward resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I would like to thank each applicant for your interest in Morningside Montessori. Only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.