Wilmot Family Resource Centre is currently hiring a full-time Parent & Family Support Worker for 35 hours per week.
The Parent & Family Support Worker will work collaboratively with agency staff and the community to identify needs of parents and families and develop potential partnerships with other agencies to offer programming to complement existing programs and services. They will also build rapport with clients, secure trust, and confidence, and make referrals internally and to other community services and supports as appropriate. As well, they will compile and enter necessary data and documentation into agency data systems while maintaining accurate, timely and complete files.
This position will work primarily weekdays with occasional after-school, evening and weekend hours required.
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in social work or another field of human services or a related degree or diploma with at least two years’ experience working with families, parents and children
- Education, training and/or knowledge through experience with mental health and wellbeing
- Experience working with children and families from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to problem solve, manage time well, and prioritize responsibilities
- Flexible, organized and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and within a team environment
- Proficient in the use of computers, internet, and various software (Microsoft office suite)
- Experience with Canva software an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills including exercising compassion, discernment, & modelling of appropriate boundaries
- Use a non-judgmental, holistic, trauma informed, inclusive approach
- Experience working with volunteers
- Knowledge of WFRC programs and services and other community resources an asset
- Have access to reliable transportation
- Clean Vulnerable Police Records Check
- Mandatory Covid-19 vaccination policy is in place for all employees
- CPR and First Aid certificate an asset
Applications are due by 12:00pm on October 18, 2023 to Trisha Robinson, Executive Director, Wilmot Family Resource Centre, 175 Waterloo St. Unit 1, New Hamburg, ON N3A 1S3; or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org