- Assist in the planning and implementation of a stimulating, developmentally
appropriate play-based program for children and their families
- Clean and disinfect toys and high touch surfaces
- Escort children to their classroom at beginning of day and to their parents at the end of the day
- To take an active role as part of the Centre’s professional child care team
- To provide a warm and nurturing environment for children and families
- To maintain effective communication with staff, parents and coordinator
- To ensure the health and safety of the children
- To act as a positive role model for the children
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education would be an asset
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with children in a licensed childcare setting
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member
All employees of the YW Kitchener-Waterloo are expected to demonstrate respect, empathy, and accountability to the people who access our services, and to attend work regularly, as regular attendance is critical to maintaining the highest quality and level of service expected in delivering services.
Pay rate: $21.699 per hour, with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits
Hours: Morning shift - 7:00-8:30am
Afternoon shift - 2:45-5:45pm
Laurie Crawford, RECE
Children’s Services Assistant Coordinator
153 Frederick Street
Kitchener, ON N2H 2M2
YW Kitchener-Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YW Kitchener-Waterloo is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.