Company: Bright Starts Co-Operative Early Learning Centre
Location: Located on the campus of the University of Waterloo
About Bright Start: Located on the campus of the University of Waterloo and in a brand new facility, Bright Starts Co-Operative Early Learning Centre will offer children an enriching and dynamic environment in which to play, learn and grow. In this nurturing and family-oriented centre, children will develop the educational and social skills necessary to build a foundation for an extraordinary future.
Bright Starts Co-Operative Early Learning Centre is seeking a qualified and experienced individual for the role of
- Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area;
- Establishes standards around which others will operate;
- Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within organization and to the community;
- Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of enrollment mix;
- Regularly provides advice and counsel related to the operation of the business;
- Understands/abides by the Co-operative Corporation Act and the Constitution;
- Financial knowledge as required to operate a daycare operation;
- Strategic planning and leadership skills as required to participate on the Board of Directors and provide long range planning for the daycare centre;
- Human Resource Planning and Management as required to operate a daycare centre;
- Promotes and leads policy development/special projects per current trends in ECE, at both local and national levels in order to develop an operational plan that aligns with the strategic direction of the organization;
- Oversees management of all records of centre, ensuring legislative and policy adherence;
- Responsible for overall management of organization including financial budget, Human Resource management and planning;
- Participation as a non-voting advisor in long range planning, policy and By-Law; development in conjunction with the Board of Directors & identifies/assesses/informs Board of internal & external issues affecting the organization;
- Acts as a resource and liaison person for staff, parents, board members and external agencies such as Ministries, Regional government and the University of Waterloo;
- Responsible for overall marketing and fundraising activities for the centre;
- Astute and professional in matters of conflict resolution, confidentiality, safety and organizational procedure;
- Ensure overall maintenance and repair of facility;
- ECE Diploma, University Degree preferred or Equivalent
- Current First Aid & CPR certificate
- Clear Criminal Reference Check and Financial Check
- Active participation of minimum 8 hours/year of professional development
- 5+ years of supervisory experience in a licensed child care facility and management of staff
Please submit your resume and cover letter to : firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be considered until the ideal candidate is selected. If this role is a fit for you, apply right away!
We look forward to your application. Only those candidates considered for interviews will be contacted.