Primary Role: LIT is a leadership program for youth that have a genuine desire to work with children. It’s also the next step for youth who have grown up attending day camps and now they are too old to attend as campers – but would like to continue on in a leadership role. As a group, LIT’s create unforgettable memories and lasting friendships as they work together at camp. As individuals, you’ll grow in confidence, make a difference in kids’ lives, and be on your way to for potential employment in the future. The LIT program is a great introduction to the Cambridge Neighbourhood’s LEAD Training Program offered at Neighbourhood Associations across Cambridge.
On a daily/weekly basis LITs will assist with daily program whether its arts, science, games for children ranging in ages from 4-12 years, as well as, contribute to ensuring a safe and clean program site. You will work co-operatively with other LITs, playground leaders and the playground coordinator.
- An interest in working with children
- Past leadership development experience through schools, churches, clubs etc.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work with others
- Knowledge of songs, games, crafts etc.
- Assist with a small group of children
- Assist with activities such as crafts, songs, and games
- Help campers respect and follow camp rules
- Ensure the safety of the campers at all times
- Attend all appropriate camp meetings and trainings
- Work cooperatively with peers
- Respect all campers, peers, staff, and yourself
- Share suggestions for improving the camp experience
- Adhere to camp rules and follow guidance of Summer Fun Camp Leaders
- Follow all policies and procedures as outlined in manual.
- Maintain open lines of communication with parents; provide a high level of customer service to the public.
- Participate in self-evaluation and evaluations by Summer Fun Camp Leaders and Program Coordinator, at the end of each week.
- Follow designated dress code, refrain from smoking while working/on site grounds.
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding participants, volunteers, site, and staff.
Leader In Training Application found on our website www.hvna.ca
LIT Applications are due June 1, 2018