invites applications for the temporary-casual position of
- Perform day to day cleaning at the Emergency Shelter and/or Temporary Winter Shelter
- Cleaning duties include sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming
- Pick up debris and empty trash containers and recycling as needed
- Remove garbage and recycling, keeping work areas clean, dry and free from hazards
- Cleans/washes/disinfects assigned areas, floors, common areas, sinks, toilets etc.
- replenish supplies as needed
- Other related duties as required
- Previous cleaning experience in a similar setting is an asset
- Conscientious and willing to take initiative
- Must be able to follow both written and verbal instructions
- Practice proper operation of equipment to assure safety and avoid damage to equipment
- Understand and exceed health and safety standards
- WHMIS training is preferred
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition, can-do attitude, and enthusiasm
- Must be willing to provide First Aid and CPR-C certification as well as Vulnerable Sector Police check
All employees of the YW are expected to demonstrate respect, empathy, and accountability to the people who access our services, and to attend work regularly as regular attendance is critical to maintaining the highest quality and level of service expected in delivering services.
WAGE: $19.811 per hour + 2% in lieu of benefits
HOURS: Shifts and hours may vary (please state your availability when applying)
START DATE: As soon as possible
END DATE: To be determined
Please respond in writing by February 2, 2021 to:
Tina Danese, Hiring Team
153 Frederick Street
Kitchener, ON N2H 2M2
YW is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YW is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.