EMPLOYED BY: Kitchener-Waterloo YMCA
SERVICE AREA: Community Services
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Child Care Centre
HOURS: 1 year Contract - Part time hours (evenings and weekends as required)
SALARY: $15.10 per hour
START DATE: July 2012
FUNCTION: Provide well-balanced, nutritional meals, adhering to Health Regulations, Day Nurseries Act and YMCA policies.
- Cooking/preparing meals and snacks according to the Canada’s food guide (Daily).
- Responsible to be aware/informed and accommodate food allergies, special medical and dietary requirements of the centre children.
- Maintain a clean (sanitary) and organized kitchen; ensure that the cleaning schedules are followed.
- Maintain a working environment that meets or exceeds all requirements from the Health Department and YMCA standards.
- Order and purchase food and kitchen supplies within the approved budget.
- Prepare and post weekly menu providing menu information for parents and other teachers (Weekly).
- Assist and develop rapport with staff and children as required (Daily).
- Attend workshops, trainings, conferences and staff meetings as required.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma
- 1-2 years of food service experience, preferably cooking for large groups.
- Familiar with the Day Nurseries Act, Canada’s Food Guide and the Health and Sanitary Regulations.
- CPR and First Aid certification is an asset.
- Acceptable Police Check
Communication: communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the Association.
Creativity and Innovation: develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to help us achieve desired results. Challenges the status quo to discover more effective ways of performing.
Initiative: does the right thing at the right time without being asked.
Problem Solving: identifies an issue, gathers and processes relevant information, coming up with possible solutions, selecting appropriate responses, and implementing them.
In addition to the above competencies the Association Core Competencies are required, Commitment to Organization Vision and Values, Diversity, Integrity, Teamwork
Note: This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and core values, as well as, a commitment to building developmental assets in children and adults.
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Human Resources, YMCA Administration Offices, 460 Frederick Street, Suite 203, Kitchener ON N2H 2P5 Fax to: 519-576-6223
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, June 8, 2012, 12:00 pm
The YMCAs of Cambridge & Kitchener-Waterloo complies with the Employment Standards Act, Pay Equity Legislation and the Human Rights Code. The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The YMCAs of Cambridge & Kitchener- Waterloo are committed to protecting personal information by following responsible information handling practices, in keeping with privacy laws. For more information on the YMCA’s commitment to privacy, please visit our web site at www.ymcacambridgekw.ca.
Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.