Driftwood Child Development Centre/Off-Campus
$16.04 per hour
January 8, 2021
January 16, 2021
Support Staff Temporary Part-time
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves around the world and in our local community, Conestoga College continues to adjust plans based on the guidance provided by our local Public Health authority. Considering these unprecedented circumstances, all final hiring decisions remain contingent upon confirmed enrolment numbers and the evolving work environment. Conestoga College will take appropriate measures to protect the safety and well-being of our College community and prospective candidates throughout the recruitment and selection process, including the scheduling of remote interviews.
We require a qualified individual to prepare and provide daily nutritious lunch and snacks to children attending the Child Development Centre. Hours of works are Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 12:30pm.
This position will work out of the Conestoga College Driftwood Child Development Centre, located at 50 Parkland Crescent, Kitchener, ON.
- Plan and develop a nutritious menu in consultation with the Supervisor
- Ensure the Centre policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, sanitary practices and food handling and storage are followed
- Provide two snacks and one lunch every day
- Ensure the snacks and lunches are nutritious and follow the Centre’s policies based on the Canada Food Guide
- Ensure menus are posted as per CCEYA (Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014) requirements, including any necessary changes
- Adhere to the nutritional and medical needs (allergies) of the children
- Order food necessary for the Centre with the Supervisor’s approval
- Receive, unpack and organize food orders
- Perform daily washing of equipment, dishes and kitchen area
- Clean kitchen, cupboards, shelves, freezer, fridge and other kitchen equipment as necessary
- Food handler Training Certificate is required
- Experience planning meals to meet Canada’s Food Guide for a group of individuals is considered an asset
- Criminal Reference check of the vulnerable sector is required
- Applicants are required to apply directly through Conestoga at:
- Applications will be accepted until March 28th 2021.