invites applications for the temporary, part-time position of:
FAMILY OUTREACH COORDINATOR(Until December 31, 2016)
Working out of the City of Kitchener’s Downtown Community Centre, the Family Outreach Coordinator will become informed about the needs of families with children in the neighbourhood through direct contact with them when they visit the community centre and through active outreach.
- Linking families and children to appropriate resources, services and supports in their community and within the Region including referral making, problem solving, reviewing and discussing options which may lead families and children to better meet their needs
- Formal and informal systems navigation and situation advocacy for vulnerable families with supports such as Ontario Works, Children’s Services, Community Housing, Shelter Services, Food Assistance and Recreation
- Maintain accurate program statistics and reports as requested by the Region and sponsoring agencies/organizations
- Participate in outreach networking, program planning and consultation as appropriate
- Successful completion of post-secondary education in Social Services or equivalent human services education and a minimum of one year related experience working with diverse populations and families experiencing challenging and stressful situations
- Understanding of the principles of community development and knowledge of community resources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, critical problem solving skills, flexibility and creativity
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office
- First aid, CPR Level C certification is an asset
- Valid drivers license
Hourly Range: $21.56 - $25.37
Hours: 21 hours per week (includes two evenings per week)
Please respond in writing by Friday, May 20, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. to:
153 Frederick Street
Kitchener, ON N2H 2M2
Fax: 519-576-0129; Email: HR@ywcakw.on.ca
The YWCA is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations, and are committed to ensuring equal and full participation for all applicants during the recruitment and selection process.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.