invites applications for the temporary, full-time position of:
MANAGER MAJOR GIFTS AND PLANNED GIVING(Contract January to December 2017)
YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo is a community-based charitable organization that champions and supports the enrichment of the lives of women, families, youth, and children through a range of essential services that promote personal growth and independence.
We are seeking a dynamic and relationship-oriented individual to be an integral member of our philanthropy team. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Manager of Major Gifts and Annual Giving’s principle responsibility will be to contribute to the significant growth in the major gifts and annual giving portfolios and to advance the mission of YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo by fostering and building strong donor relationships.
- Comprehensive knowledge of fundraising, communications, public and media relations and marketing usually acquired through the attainment of an undergraduate degree in a related field and five years' experience in non-profit major gifts and planned giving fundraising.
- Proven ability to develop and execute comprehensive strategies to cultivate, solicit and steward donors resulting in gifts of $175,000 plus.
- Familiarity with Waterloo Region and knowledge of the relevant sectors of the community e.g. individuals, groups and organizations, corporations, and foundations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to enable the effective communication of the mission, vision and guiding principles of YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo.
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead, support and motivate volunteers.
- Motivated, energetic and enthusiastic self-starter who can balance the need to work independently with the need to contribute collaboratively as part of a team.
- Highly professional, tactful, mature, conscientious with a high degree of personal integrity.
- CFRE designation considered an asset.
Salary: To be negotiated.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (must be available evenings and weekends occasionally)
Please respond in writing by November 30, 2016 to:
153 Frederick Street, Kitchener, ON N2H 2M2
Fax: 519-576-0129 Email: HR@ywcakw.on.ca
YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
We are committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.