HOURS: Fixed term until September 2016
START DATE: June 2016
FUNCTION: To supervise a team of day camp counselors in the delivery of day camping programs and services that ensure opportunities for learning and growth that adheres to and promotes YMCA mission, vision and values.
- To act as a team leader to direct, support, and assist other team members in the delivery of excellent programming
- To plan and deliver programs for day camp participants following YMCA objectives
- To demonstrate energy, dedication and enthusiasm and to appreciate and support YMCA values, mission and vision
- To thrive in an atmosphere of change and ambiguity
- To work as a member of a team
- To model commitment to service excellence and quality
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Minimum 2 years day camp experience
- Supervisory experience an asset
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR certification
- Clear Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Persons Screening
Teamwork: Participates actively in a team for organizational effectiveness.
Concern for Health and Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
Creativity and Innovation: Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to help us achieve desired results. Challenge the status quo to discover more effective ways of performing.
Leadership: Motivates and inspires self and others to take action to achieve desired outcomes.
Note: This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and core values, as well as a commitment to building developmental assets in children and adults.
Applications are accepted electronically only. When applying, please quote posting number JP 12-2016 and specify which location you would prefer, to:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, March 4, 2016, 12:00 pm