SUPERVISOR, Day Camp
LOCATION(s): Cambridge YMCA
HOURS: Fixed Term, until Oct.1/16
(Full time hrs, evenings & weekends as needed)
START DATE: March 1, 2016
FUNCTION: Responsible for ensuring excellence in member services through the leadership and administration of Day Camp related programs and services (preschool and youth and day camp programs). This includes determining areas for program improvements and coaching staff in delivering quality programs.
- Coordinate the development, consistent delivery of services and supervision of day camp programs and services
- Recruitment, coaching and development, supervision and evaluation of day camp program staff and volunteers.
- Ensure a safe environment.
- Provide leadership to the planning and management of the Member Services day camp budgets and work plans.
- Assist the Director HFR in developing an annual marketing and promotional plan including brochures, advertising, special promotions, schedules etc.
- Provide direct delivery of programs by following performance standards and expectations to build relationships and mentor staff – 15-20 hrs/wk minimum.
- Ensure all day camp programs and services are offered at appropriate times and in sufficient quantity to meet member and community interest and needs.
- Vision planning for day camp programs and services by evaluating current programs, exploring new trends and determining annual initiatives/directions resulting in member retention and new member recruitment.
- Act as a liaison between Staff/Volunteers/Members/Participants and the Director HFR & Team by modeling positive, pro-active and on-going communication.
- Facilitate financial assistance arrangements for day camp programs.
- Ensure YMCA program standards, policies and procedures are maintained.
- Manage day camp program administration including invoicing, payroll, course inputs, additions, deletions, wait lists, Camp Brain.
- Monitor program statistics and registration.
- Completion of Community College degree/diploma in Recreation & Leisure / ECE or related field.
- Standard First aid/CPR/AED.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- YMCA Group Fitness and / or Individual Conditioning Instructor (an asset)
- NLS certification (an asset)
- Intermediate computer knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites
- Proven leadership skills
- 2 – 3 years of related supervisory experience
- Acceptable Police Check for Vulnerable Sector
Coaching and Development: Commits to assisting participants, volunteers, staff to learn and grow personally and professionally.
Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner to support information sharing.
Concern For Health and Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
Leadership: Guides, motivates and inspires others to take action towards desired outcomes.
Problem Solving: Identifies an issue and works towards a solution.
Tolerance For Ambiguity: Functions effectively in situations of less than perfect or incomplete information.
In addition to the above competencies the Association Core Competencies are required, Commitment to Organization Vision and Values, Diversity, Integrity, Teamwork
Note: This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and core values, as well as, a commitment to building developmental assets in children and adults.
Applications are accepted electronically only. When applying, please quote posting number JP 24-2016 to:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, March 4, 2016, 12:00 pm