SUPERVISOR, Camp Ki-Wa-Y Day Camp
LOCATION(s): Camp Ki-Wa-Y
HOURS: Fixed Term, until August 29/16
(Full time hrs, evenings & weekends as needed)
START DATE: Immediate
FUNCTION: Responsible for ensuring excellence in day camp through the leadership and administration of outdoor services related programs and services.
- Assist in the direction, supervision, and organization of campers within activities and throughout the day camp in order to meet the intended camper outcomes.
- Assure campers are properly supervised at all times.
- Participate enthusiastically in all camp activities, planning, and leading those as assigned.
- Responsible for leading and assisting with the teaching of activities.
- Actively participate in all program areas as assigned.
- Assist in program areas such as waterfront, nature, athletics, all camp activities, and arts and crafts as directed.
- Maintain high standards of health and safety in all activities for campers.
- Provide the daily care of each camper within your supervision including recognition of personal physical and emotional health needs.
- Be alert to equipment and facilities to ensure utilization, proper care, and maintenance is adhered to; report repairs needed promptly to camp director.
- Set a good example to campers, staff and others in regard to general camp procedures and practices including sanitation, schedule, sportsmanship, personal appearance, and behavior.
- Standard First aid/CPR/AED.
- NLS certification (an asset)
- Proven leadership skills
- Minimum of two years of experience working with youth, with supervision experience preferred.
- Acceptable Police Check for Vulnerable Sector
Coaching and Development: Commits to assisting participants, volunteers, staff to learn and grow personally and professionally.
Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner to support information sharing.
Concern For Health and Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
Leadership: Guides, motivates and inspires others to take action towards desired outcomes.
Problem Solving: Identifies an issue and works towards a solution.
Tolerance For Ambiguity: Functions effectively in situations of less than perfect or incomplete information.
In addition to the above competencies the Association Core Competencies are required, Commitment to Organization Vision and Values, Diversity, Integrity, Teamwork
Note: This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and core values, as well as, a commitment to building developmental assets in children and adults.
Applications are accepted electronically only. When applying, please quote posting number JP 46-2016 to:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 3:00 pm