Invites applications for the full-time, permanent non-union, position of
SUPPORTIVE HOUSING COORDINATOR(Preferred Candidate)
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Provide crisis intervention, informal supportive counselling for tenants of Lincoln Road Housing in individual and group settings; facilitate and support activities of YW’s Supportive Housing; refer tenants to community services and support tenants as appropriate.
• Supervise Tenant Support Workers, students and volunteers; some financial management.
• Plans regular tenant meetings, and supports tenants to participate in activities, supportive housing coordination standards and develops leadership in group decision-making.
• Assists tenants in settling into housing. Ensures new tenants are properly oriented and aware of activities available, and facilitates tenants’ adjustment to their environment.
• Develops, coordinates and evaluates a “quality of life” plan and budget outlining activities, programs, events, workshops, classes, etc. offered throughout the year.
• On-Call responsibilities
• Other duties as assigned
• Undergraduate degree in Social Services or equivalent human services education
• MSW, or MA in Clinical Counselling/Psychology would be an asset
• A minimum of 2-3 years supervisory/management experience in a relevant field
• A minimum of 3 years’ work experience with individuals or families in a supportive housing or similar setting preferred
• Theoretical and practical knowledge of homelessness, mental illness, addictions, trauma, suicide intervention and harm reduction.
• Proven skills in case management, support, counseling, conflict resolution, crisis intervention and suicide prevention and de-escalation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills - A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work may involve motivating or influencing others.
• Demonstrated skill in the areas of program development, training and supervision of staff, budgeting, expenditure and revenue control.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in the use of a computer and relevant software, including HIFIS.
• Standard First Aid and CPR Level C Certification.
• Harm Reduction, Overdose Prevention and De-escalation training.
• Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
All employees of the YW are expected to demonstrate respect, empathy, and accountability to the people who access our services, and to attend work regularly as regular on-site attendance is critical to maintaining the highest quality and level of service expected in delivering services.
Starting Salary: $51,253.02 (annual increase based on funding and Board’s approval)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, occasional evenings and weekends
Start date: As soon as possible
Benefits: Group benefits include the following:
• Company Pension Plan
• Extended Health & Dental benefits
• Life insurance and AD&D
• Sick benefits
• 3 weeks of vacation per year
This job posting reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict other tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time based on program needs and/or funding requirements.
Please respond in writing by April 18, 2021 to:
155 Lincoln Rd
YW is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
YW is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.