Salary/Wage: $67,303.60 – $84,138.60 per annum/$36.98 – $46.23 per hour
Location: 99 Regina St. S., Waterloo
Description of Duties:
Establishes, coordinates, and/or implements quality assurance initiatives for the Early Learning and Child Care community on behalf of Children’s Services as the Consolidated Municipal Service Manager (CMSM); leads community based quality initiatives, including Raising the Bar (RTB) on Quality program; ensures high quality standards and practices in licensed Early Learning and Child Care (ELCC) programs are met.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Thorough knowledge of ELCC principles and practices with an emphasis on continuous quality improvement approaches, adult education, communication, evaluation research, statistical applications, research and planning methodologies, normally acquired through a community college diploma or university degree specializing in child development and social development practices, plus progressively responsible related experience within a child care setting.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation (e.g., Ministry of Education, College of Early Childhood Education, Day Nurseries Act, Child & Family Services Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act and other related legislation).
- Working knowledge of current research and best practice relating to high quality standards for early learning and child care. Knowledge in the use of ERS assessments and other measurement tools that support quality practice; ability to train others in the use of evaluation tools.
- Analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills in order interpret and apply relevant legislation, policies and procedures; analyze political, socioeconomic and research trends and information; and manage competing demands.
- Leadership, human relations, facilitation, team building, and presentation skills in order to communicate and promote the program to the media, community organizations, neighbourhood groups, and various levels of government committees; lead project teams; ensure ongoing partnership and commitment; respond to inquiries and requests using tact and diplomacy; develop, motivate, and support staff, project members, and volunteers to achieve objectives; instruct or train others in specific methods or procedures; and participate as an effective team member.
- Computer skills using software such as Microsoft Office, project management and document management systems.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply research, policies, procedures, Provincial and Federal regulations and guidelines and reports, and remain up to date on legislative changes and other developments affecting quality ELCC practices.
- Ability to write reports, promotional materials, letters to Council, community groups and committees; and to develop policies, procedures, planning strategies, and work plans.
- Ability to conduct presentations to community organizations, neighbourhood groups, higher level government committees, and at public meetings.
- Ability to deliver feedback and recommendations to community programs using a clear, concise, non-judgemental approach.
- Ability to travel to various locations within and occasionally outside Waterloo Region.
- Ability to support and project values compatible with the organization.
- Works some evenings to accommodate community groups’ deadlines and schedules.
The Region of Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage qualified applicants to apply and will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under the Human Rights Code in all parts of the hiring process.
Alternate formats of this document are available upon request. Please contact Human Resources & Citizen Service Reception at phone number (519-575-4757 ext.3527), TTY number (519-575-4608) to request an alternate format.
Please apply online, by the closing date May 22, 2015 quoting competition number 2015-1344. Or, send your resume to: The Regional Municipality of Waterloo, Staffing Coordinator, 150 Frederick Street, 3rd Floor, Kitchener, ON N2G 4J3.\n We are committed to employment equity and thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview.