Department/Division: Social Services/Children’s Services
Union: Management/Management Support
Salary: $66,320.80 – $82,901.00 per annum
Location: 150 Main St., Cambridge /99 Regina St., Waterloo
Description of Duties:
- Provides supervision, support, leadership, and direction to a team of Child Care Subsidy Caseworkers responsible for the delivery of services related to the financial eligibility of families in need of child care subsidies in the Region. Monitors and reviews case management practices and eligibility decisions under the mandate of the Day Nurseries Act and Ontario Child Care Service Management Guidelines
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Thorough knowledge and skill in eligibility determination, assessment and interviewing skills as well as working knowledge of administrative policies and procedures, normally acquired through the attainment of a University Degree in Social Sciences or related discipline, plus related progressively responsible experience in eligibility determination.
- Working knowledge of Regional policies and procedures, Day Nurseries Act, Ontario Child Care Service Management Guidelines and Municipal and Provincial Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Acts.
- Knowledge of local community and area agencies and the
services they offer.
- Research, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills to participate in program development, determine eligibility in unusual cases, provide direction regarding policy interpretation, implement operational plans, develop work plans.
- Ability to assess business operations and office procedures and suggest improvements. Work requires a high degree of confidentiality relating to sensitive issues regarding client information, divisional initiatives as well as human and financial resources.
- Human relations and communication skills to participate as an effective team member; advise, supervise, instruct and train staff in specific work methods or procedures; respond to complaints regarding service provision; and motivate staff to achieve goals and objectives.
- Skill in the use of a computer, using such software as the Ontario Child Care Management System, Subsidy Booking System, Web Enabled Record of Attendance, Service Delivery Model Technology, RAP Inquiry, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, Intranet/Internet and an
Attendance Management System.
- Ability to read and interpret legislation, policies and procedures, relevant collective agreements, various correspondence, and detailed file case notes.
- Ability to develop and write detailed correspondence, policies and procedures. Ability to present information to individuals, groups, and agencies; and to explain and interpret legislation and policy to subsidy eligible parents, the public, community agencies, political offices, employers and educational facilities.
- Must provide an acceptable Police Records Check in order to ensure suitability for working with vulnerable populations.
- Ability to travel to various locations within the Region.
- Ability to support and project values compatible with the organization.
We invite internal applicants to APPLY ONLINE through the HR Portal by 11:59 p.m., February 20, 2014 - or - submit a resume, cover letter, and application form (HR19) to HR by 4:30 p.m., February 20, 2014. For more information about
this job, please access the job description through the HR Portal. If you have questions regarding the application process, please refer to “Frequently Asked Questions - How to Apply for a Position” under Employment Opportunities on the HR Portal. Thank you for your interest in this job, but we will only be corresponding with you if you are selected for an interview.
We will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under the Human Rights Code in all parts of the hiring process.
Alternate formats of this document are available upon request. Please contact Human Resources Reception at phone number (519-575-4444), TTY number (519-575-4608) to request an alternate format.