Jacob Hespeler Child Care Centre
- Ensuring that the program meets all legal requirements.
- Ensure that operational policies established by the Board of Directors
- are implemented.
- Ensure that the curriculum meets policies established by the Board of
- Ensure on-going supervision of staff.
- Ensure accurate financial information is available to the Executive Director
- Promote the program in the community
- Hire Staff for program
- Maintain a working and balanced budget
- Hold staff meetings and parent information events and conduct staff evaluations.
- Fill staff positions with supply when they are off from work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- E.C.E. Diploma or Degree or equivalent as approved by the Ministry of Education (as per employee agreement)
- Registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Valid Standard First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Ability to obtain and hold a Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- Extensive experience in licensed childcare programs and activities, including knowledge of policies and procedures related to the operation of a childcare centre; child guidance techniques for healthy children as well as children with physical or developmental challenges, child development; standard methods of behavioral observation.
- Four years related experience in the Child Care Field.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and the public.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, CEYE, Act, the
- Child and Family Services Act, Human Rights Act, Labour Relations Act, College of ECE’s Code and Standards, Canada Food Guide, and the ability to meet the specifications of these Acts and any other regulations that apply to this work.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft word, excel, quickbooks, zoom and other technology
- Good organizational and time management skills. Ability to set priorities and complete assigned duties with minimal supervision.
- Certification through the Association of Early Childhood Educators, Ontario
- *Proof of valid driver’s license, insurance, produce an acceptable driver’s abstract and access to a reliable vehicle. Some driving required.
JHCCC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.