Requires a Permanent Full-Time Director of Child Care
Seaforth Co-operative Children’s Centre (SCCC) is a highly regarded non-profit corporation governed by a Board of Directors comprised of parents and community representatives. We have been committed to providing quality early learning and child care programs to families in Huron County for more than 25 years.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Director of Child Care is responsible for executing a supervisory and leadership role for the day-to-day operation of the Seaforth Co-operative Children’s Centre. The Director establishes and ensures quality care, adherence to the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 regulations and maintenance of a safe and healthy environment that is conducive to the emotional, physical, social, cognitive and intellectual development of the children in care.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of Early Childhood Education theories including child development, programs and evaluation
- Registered Early Childhood Education Diploma from a recognized community college
- A member in good standing of the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators
- Minimum of 5 years leadership experience in a group Early Childhood Education program
- Knowledge of general management principles and practices specifically as they relate to child care
- Mathematical aptitude to monitor budgets and prepare billings
- Working knowledge of all Provincial Acts pertaining to early childhood education, specifically the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014, the document “How Does Learning Happen”, Ontario Pedagogy for the Early Years, Family and Children's services, and the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA)
- Knowledge/ access to various agencies and community resources to implement individualized programs for children with special needs
- Strong organizational planning and administration skills to effectively direct and manage the daily operations of a child care centre
- Knowledge and ability to conduct performance evaluations
- Demonstrates and promotes professionalism, while interfacing with community professionals, peers, families, and academic circles.
- Establishes positive working relationships and collaborative arrangements with stakeholders, child care colleagues, community groups, funders, and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the organization.
- Promotes a team based environment within the workplace and throughout the community
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written form
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificate
- Valid Class G Ontario driver’s license
- Valid Criminal Reference Check
- Initial medical evidence of good health and current immunization
In addition to a competitive salary, and an extended health benefit package, SCCC offers a productive team environment for personal growth and success. This position has consistent working hours of 40 hours per week.
Qualified candidates are invited to email their letter of application and resume in one PDF document by 4 PM Friday June 23, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Seaforth Co-operative Children’s Centre – Human Resources
62 Chalk St. N
Although we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Seaforth Co-operative Children’s Centre is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.