NOTICE OF JOB VACANCY
Date of Posting: September 27, 2016
Title: Assistant Supervisor/Team Lead (CHS)
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Salary/Wage: $62,062.00 – $70,543.20 per annum/$34.10 – $38.76 per hour
Location: Region of Waterloo, Five (5) Children's Centres
Closing Date: October 3, 2016
Description of Duties:
Provides inclusive early learning and child care services by organizing and coordinating
the daily operations of a Children’s Centre in collaboration with Supervisor. Provides
leadership, expertise, knowledge and support to the Children’s Centre staff. Assumes
responsibility for the operation of the Children’s Centre in the supervisor’s absence.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
• Knowledge of teaching methods, principles, and practices related to Early
Childhood Education acquired through the completion of a 2-year
diploma/degree in Early Childhood Education (or an approved equivalency
through the College of Early Childhood Educators) plus 3 years of related
experience in a licensed early learning setting.
• Must be a Registered Early Childhood Educator in good standing with the
College of Early Childhood Educators of Ontario. Must meet and maintain
requirements detailed in the Child Care & Early Years Act.
• Knowledge of Regional and Departmental policies and procedures, Provincial
legislation and regulations, and community agencies offering children services.
• Must provide an acceptable Police Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3), prepared
no earlier than six months before hire, and every five years thereafter; must
complete an annual "Offense Declaration."
• Must provide proof of and maintain a current record of immunizations and
negative Tuberculosis test. Must possess and maintain valid First Aid, and Infant
& Child CPR Certificate.
• Organizational and time management skills to prioritize and meet ongoing
administrative and operational needs of the Children’s Centre. Assessment and
evaluations skills to collaborate with staff and management to develop learning
plans and strategies to support program.
• Human relations and communications skills to interact with and foster positive,
trusting relationships with children, parents, and staff; lead and support groups,
staff, and students; meet with parents and conduct presentations/workshops;
and participate as an effective team member.
R00034 Page 2 of 2
• Computer skills with ability to use software such as Microsoft Word & Outlook,
and various internal and external databases (e.g., Ontario Management Child
Care System, Onelist).
• Ability to read professional journals/manuals to stay current in field. Ability to
complete forms, compile information, including statistics, write and edit letters,
document child observations and write/review reports. Ability to compose
communication materials (e.g., monthly newsletter, bulletins).
• Ability to alter hours to participate in monthly evening staff meetings, occasional
training, and parent social events.
• Ability to travel within and outside Waterloo Region.
• Ability to support and project the Region’s values.
Please apply online at www.regionofwaterloo.ca before 11:59 PM on October 3, 2016
quoting competition number 2016-1667. Or send your resume to: The Regional
Municipality of Waterloo, Human Resources and Citizen Service, 150 Frederick Street,
3rd floor, Kitchener, ON, N2G 4J3 by 4:30 p.m. For more information about this job,
please access the job description through our website. Thank you for your interest in
this job; however, we will only be corresponding with you if you are selected for an
The Region of Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and
inclusion. We encourage qualified applicants to apply and will accommodate the needs
of qualified applicants under the Human Rights Code in all parts of the hiring process.
Alternate formats of this document are available upon request. Please contact the
Service First Call Centre at phone number (519) 575-4400, TTY number (519-575-
4608) to request an alternate format.