Hours/week: 15-20hrs (Mon-Friday 9am-12pm)
Wage: $25 ($21/hour base pay + WEG grant + GOG grant)
The Gingerbread House Co-operative Preschool Corporation is a non-profit association of families who organize and administer the school. We are an organization where the parents, teaching staff and executive board work together to provide the best possible preschool education. At Gingerbread House Co-operative Preschool, we understand that each child is a unique individual. Each child plays, learns and expresses themselves differently. It is our job to continuously examine and reflect on the environment in our centre so we can provide the optimum learning experience for each child in our program.
Gingerbread House Co-operative Preschool is looking for an energetic, passionate and experienced individual to oversee our preschool program.
- Early Childhood Education diploma and in good standing in the College of Early Childhood Educators (CECE).· Minimum 5-10 years working in a preschool setting, leadership or supervisor experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and administrative skills.
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR certification.
- Clear Police Records Check with vulnerable sector screening dated within six (6) months of hire date.
- Up-to-date immunizations and TB test.
- Main contact for GBH Board members, Parents, Public Health, Ministry of Education, County of Wellington, and Canadian Mental Health Association
- Ensure adherence to Public Health guidelines, including carrying out enhanced sanitary practices, wearing appropriate PPE as required, and ensuring staff are following guidelines.
- Ensuring all required documentation for Ministry of Education and County of Wellington are up to date and attending inspections.
- Act as supply teacher in classroom as needed.
- Facilitate and offer solutions for parents and staff throughout the year.
- Manage subsidy reports for the County of Wellington.
- Ensure proper communications are passed to Board Members from the above contacts.
- Manage student files, attendance and registration lists throughout the year, and share with Board Members as necessary.
- Create, change and update policies, documents and forms needed for daily running of the Preschool and Ministry.
- Attend community meetings required of the Supervisor role (1 – 3 per month).
- Organize preschool events, such as field trips, open house, graduation, etc.
- Conduct annual staff evaluation performance reviews and ensure staff learning and team building.
- Attend and prepare information for all Annual General Meetings and monthly Board meetings.
COVID-19 considerations: We have a detailed COVID-19 Policy that has been signed by all families. We have a daily screening form for all staff and children. We have detailed COVID-19 policies and procedures, aligned with WDG Public Health and the Ministry of Education.