Location: 160 Courtland Ave. E, Kitchener, Ontario
Position: Childcare Centre Supervisor
Reports to: Principal of MAC Maple Grove School
Full Time- 40 hours a week
The Childcare Centre Supervisor is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the MAC MGS Preschool and Childcare Centre and implementation of all policies and procedures as set by MAC and the Ministry of Education.
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the centre.
- Foster effective teamwork between all staff.
- Ensure that the operation of the organization meets the expectations of its clients and the organization.
- Ensure that staff, client, and volunteer files are securely stored and privacy/confidentiality is maintained.
- Ensure that the programs offered by the centre are high quality programs
- Monitor the day-to-day delivery of the programs and maintain or improve quality.
- Oversee the planning, implementation, execution and evaluation of special projects.
- Determine staffing requirements for centre’s program delivery.
- Establish a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations.
- Ensure that recruitment, interview and selection of staff procedures are followed.
- Ensure that all staff receives an orientation to the centre and that appropriate training is provided.
- Establish good working relationships with community organizations, the Professional Resource Centre, Region of Waterloo and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the centre.
- Early Childhood Education Diploma or Bachelor
- Registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators and in good standing
- Preferred three to give years of experience in a licensed child care centre.
- Valid Food Safety certification
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR Level C certification
- Medical/immunization requirement as required by local Health Department.
- Clear vulnerable sector check
- Approval by the Ministry of Education
• Knowledge of CCEYA, HDLD?, Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice, Early Years Engage and other relevant documents
• Ability to deal with non-routine situations.
• Ability to handle emergencies, hostile behaviours and the ability to maintain control in frustrating situations.
• Ability to work co-operatively with others in a team environment, while providing direction.
• Ability to maintain accurate records.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with children, parents, co-workers, educators.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information related to children, parents and staff.
• Ability to work flexible hours as required.
• Knowledge of work processing.
• Ability to use e-mail and the internet.
The Muslim Association of Canada offers benefits and a pension plan to all its full time employees, as well as paid vacation and sick time.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Suitable candidates will be contacted.