Start Date: September 2018 or sooner
Rate: $ 32.98 per hour 35 hours per week
Reporting to the Executive Director of Jacob Hespeler Child Care and the Jacob Hespeler Child Care Centre Board of Directors. The successful applicant will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Child Care Centre including budget, staff, CCEYA 2014 and programming. The successful applicant for this Supervisor Staff position will be working 35 hours per week, 12 months per year, or as program dictates, and will be placed on the supervisor grid of the employee agreement.
• Ensuring that the program meets all legal requirements
• Provides the Board of Directors with support to make informed decisions.
• Ensure that operational policies established by the Board of Directors are implemented.
• Ensure that the curriculum meets policies established by the Board of Directors.
• Ensure on-going supervision of staff.
• Ensure accurate financial information is available to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
• Promote the program in the community.
• E.C.E. Diploma or Degree or equivalent as approved by the Ministry of Education ( as per employee agreement )
• Registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators
• Valid Standard First Aid & CPR Certificate
• Certified in the use of an environmental rating scale
• Extensive experience in licensed child care programs and activities, including knowledge of: policies and procedures related to the operation of a child care centre; child guidance techniques for healthy children as well as children with physical or developmental challenges, child development; standard methods of behavioral observation.
• Four years related experience in the Child Care Field.
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff and the public.
• Ability to set priorities and complete assigned duties with minimal supervision.
• Enthusiasm, flexibility, dedication and dependability.
• Good organizational and time management skills.
• Candidate will be approved in writing by Program Advisor, Ministry of Education
• Certification through the Association Of Early Childhood Educators, Ontario
Candidates are asked to submit a letter of application, and a current resume with updated
professional development not later than noon on Monday, April 16th 2018
to the following email: email@example.com
Colleen Lehnen ~ Executive Director 519 – 888 - 0098
Jacob Hespeler Child Care Centre
JHCCC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.