invites applications for the permanent full-time position of:
REPORTS TO: Controller
- Identification with the Mission, Vision, and Values of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance or related field
- An accounting designation CPA (CA/CGA/CMA) or close to completion
- Minimum five (5) years of progressive accounting or finance experience in a not for profit setting is preferred
- Minimum three (3) years of financial management position leading a financial / accounting team.
- Applied knowledge of GAAP
- Knowledge of federal and provincial tax regulations affecting charities and other relevant legislation;
- Successful track record in financial planning, analysis and reporting, including budgeting, forecasting and program performance analysis.
- Experience in developing and implementing effective internal controls;
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organization and written skills.
- Exceptional Excel skills with a good understanding on other MS Office products
- Self-starter: highly motivated and able to take the initiative required to achieve goals and objectives.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Excellent follow-up skills with the ability to effectively resolve problems in a timely manner using relevant information, sound reasoning and common sense.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills and a strong ability to multi-task in a changing environment
- Strong analytical thinker, process focused, and detail oriented
- Advanced decision making and problem resolution skills.
- Strong leadership and people management skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to achieve outcomes and deadlines
- Coordinate all financial and control systems, resources, business systems and related staff to ensure corporate viability and efficiency (includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, internal cheque requests, bank deposits, purchasing and purchase orders, payroll administration, petty cash funds, investments, capital funds, etc.)
- Criminal reference check
- Provide guidance and support to the finance team to optimize excellence in use, analysis, reporting and processes within the accounting database
- Assist with recruitment and training of finance staff
- Work in a team environment
- Oversee the day-to-day financial operations of the organization including A/R, A/P, bank reconciliations, payroll and other transactions
- Maintaining the general ledger system
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Responsible for managing and coaching two direct reports
- Assist with the annual budget process, providing working papers and historical information to all managers
- Assist Controller with all aspects of government and funder reporting, including completion of service agreements and the financial segment of grant applications, preparation of reports and reconciliation of related accounts.
- Assist with year-end audit process by ensuring information and systems are organized in accordance with auditor expectations
- Coordinate all aspects of the accounting system, including development and evaluation of procedures and controls; assessment of information and reporting needs; and assignment and monitoring of user profiles
- Other duties as assigned
- Extended health and Dental Benefits
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Life insurance
- Registered Pension Plan (4% Employer contribution)
- Employee Assistance Program
- 3 Weeks’ Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
STARTING SALARY: $57, 823 per year (29.65/hour)
HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 per week - Monday to Friday
START DATE: As soon as Possible – preferably in May 2021
All YW employees are expected to demonstrate respect, empathy, and accountability to the people who access our services, and to attend work regularly as regular attendance is critical to maintaining the highest quality and level of service expected in delivering services.
153 Frederick Street
Kitchener, ON N2H 2M2
YW is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YW is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.