SERVICE AREA: YMCA Camping
POSITION: Operations Supervisor, YMCA Camp Ki- Wa-Y
REPORTS TO: Director, YMCA Camp Ki-Wa-Y
HOURS: Full Time (evenings and weekends as required)
START DATE: Immediate
FUNCTION: Responsible for coordinating all operational functions for YMCA Camp Ki-Wa-Y and the Outdoor Centre on a year-round basis, including administration functions, customer relations and supervision of staff.
· Conduct administrative functions for all Outdoor Centre and Summer Camp business including, but not limited to; telephone reception, email correspondence, coordinating group bookings, invoicing, and summer camp communications
· Establish and maintain effective communication with Outdoor Centre customers/participants and Camper Parents on a yearly basis including new customers and inquiries
· Co-ordinate sales and schedules for new potential customers
· Co-ordinate and develop appropriate programs, schedules and menus at the Outdoor Centre for all groups
· Co-ordinate staffing schedules during the Outdoor Centre season, and provide input with regards to staff supervision and documentation
· Assist with training and development opportunities for operations staff
· Assume responsibility for coding bills and inputting into budget calendarization
· Attend workshops, trainings, conferences and staff meetings as required
· Assume other duties as assigned
· Administration skills and knowledge of basic office systems
· 1-2 years of experience required
· Proven computer knowledge of Microsoft Windows programs and proficient in Microsoft Office
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· First Aid and CPR certification
· Acceptable Police Check
· Coaching and Development: Commits to assisting participants, volunteers, and staff to learn and grow personally and professionally.
· Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner to support information sharing.
· Concern for Health and Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
· Creativity and Innovation: Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to help achieve desired results.
· Tolerance for Ambiguity: Functions effectively in situations of less than perfect or incomplete information.
In addition to the above competencies the Association Core Competencies are required, Commitment to Organization Vision and Values, Diversity, Integrity, Teamwork
Note: This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and core values, as well as a commitment to building developmental assets in children and adults.
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org Human Resources, YMCA Administration Offices, 460 Frederick Street, Suite 203, Kitchener ON N2H 2P5 Fax to: 519-576-6223
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 12:00 pm
The YMCAs of Cambridge & Kitchener-Waterloo complies with the Employment Standards Act, Pay Equity Legislation and the Human Rights Code. The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The YMCAs of Cambridge & Kitchener-Waterloo are committed to protecting personal information by following responsible
information handling practices. Please visit our web site at www.ymcacambridgekw.ca
Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.