For the duration of the project, at the individual level, we require individuals to step out of their current position, work for the PRC and engage in the work of pedagogical consulting. The cost of back filling their position will be covered by the PRC up to a maximum of $25/hour. At the agency level, we require a recognition that individuals involved in the project will continue to retain their status as employees of the home agency, and will return to their role after completion of the project.
This is a unique opportunity for our community to work together in order to foster the professional growth, knowledge and understanding of the sector and the individuals who work within it. We ask that you consider this opportunity seriously and pass this information to your staff.
This project will begin in Fall (late September, early October) until the end of December with the possibility to extend to March 31, 2017.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF PRC PEDAGOGICAL LEADER:
Working as part of the PRC team, this individual will inspire pedagogical and professional growth by providing information, guiding and supporting educators and staff in the use of resources, enhancements, and relevant research. They will participate in the planning, development and delivery of responsive professional learning related to community needs. They will engage in building and maintaining new and established relationships with community agencies and individuals while supporting them through the many sectoral shifts. Qualities of the successful individual will include:
- Proven knowledge of current trends in the field of early learning and promising practices
- Ability to identify, express and support members (PRC & community) in the implementation of quality practices related to early learning and care
- Ability to work as part of team and communicate effectively with peers and colleagues
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with members, colleagues, and others in our community
- Working knowledge and understanding of professional standards associated with the College of Early Childhood Educators Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice as well as our Provincial framework and pedagogy
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills including a positive attitude, tact, discretion and patience
- Good organization, time management, problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education and in good standing with College of Early Childhood Educators; or degree in related subject
- Minimum 5 years working in the field of Early Learning and Care
- Ability to be flexible with schedules as there will be evening and weekend responsibilities
- As this project is funded and directed towards agencies within the Waterloo Region, applications will only be accepted by individuals supported by a community agency (within Waterloo Region). Applicants must have the full support of their agency behind them in order to participate.
APPLICATION: Deadline Thursday September 15th, 2016.
Qualified applications should be sent to Samantha Burns, Manager, ECE Professional Resource Centre. Please include the following in your submission to apply:
- Cover letter
- Transcript/Outline of Professional Learning for the past year
- Letter from your workplace Supervisor/Director that supports your application
299 Doon Valley Drive,
Kitchener, ON N2G 4M4
Fax: 519.748.3505 Att: Samantha Burns, PRC/ECE
Questions and inquires can be directed to Samantha at 519.748.5220 ext. 3840
Applications from all qualified individuals are encouraged and will be considered. We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be acknowledged.