Full-time position: 32.5 hours per week
Location City: Kitchener, Ontario
Closing Date for Posting: Monday July 19, 2021
Starting Date: August 3, 2021
Contract Length: 11 months (June 30, 2022)
We are seeking a creative and energetic Registered Early Childhood Educator who is eager to join our team. Our Place is a non-profit organization that engages all children, their families, and their support networks in learning opportunities to promote optimal development of children, healthy families, strong community and a sense of belonging. We offer innovative programs and services for children and families in Waterloo Region. The RECE in this position will work directly with children and families as well as supporting our vision of building a sustainable future for the organization through administrative support within the social enterprise business projects and activities. This position will report to the Early Years Program Coordinator. They will work with the Early Years team, Social Enterprise Business project teams and the Leadership team in supporting the organization's strategic direction. You must enjoy working collaboratively with different teams and be knowledgable in administrative functions, early learning pedagogies and family support.
- A current membership with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- 3 – 5 years experience working in programs with children from birth to age six and their families
- Demonstrated interest, knowledge and/or experience with early learning pedagogies, especially How Does Learning Happen? (Ministry of Education, 2014) and The Kindergarten Program (Ministry of Education, 2016)
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative while collaborating with all members of the organization
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player who can work autonomously with the ability to drive their own initiatives in virtual and in-person work environments
- Experience working from a project-based perspective
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs including Teams, Outlook and Sharepoint
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, meet deadlines and commitments
- Certification in the following areas an asset: Strong Minds Strong Kids Make the Connection program, IAIM Infant Massage training, Strong Start Baby Connections Building Blocks to Literacy training
- Standard First Aid with CPR Level C required
- Vulnerable Sector Police Check and Family and Children’s Services Check required
- Support and assist in day-to-day operational administrative work
- Create organizational documents on best practices and procedures
- Provide administrative support to the Leadership team
- Provide program facilitation support as needed
- Work with the Social Enterprise Business project teams in the research and exploration phase
- Develop, implement and carry out administrative functions supporting marketing strategies
- Develop, purchase, and deliver program kits
- Provide oversight of project tasks in conjunction with other team members
Our Place Family Resource and Early Years Centre is committed to creating an inclusive workplace, welcoming applications from all qualified persons. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation need known to us. Our Place complies with the Employment Standards Act, Pay Equity Legislation and privacy laws. In keeping with privacy laws, we are committed to protecting personal information by following responsible information handling practices. For more information on the Our Place’s commitment to privacy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
The closing date for this positing is July 19, 2021. Please note the
successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note we are currently following Public health and Government guidelines related to COVID 19 both for our interview process and while working. Interviews will be done virtually and any entrance into our facility will be subject to mandated health screening protocols.