Hours: Fixed Term (1 year) -Part Time variable hours (evenings and weekends required)
SALARY: 16.07 per hour
START DATE: September 2013
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Ontario Early Years
LOCATION: Kitchener-Waterloo YMCA
FUNCTION: Create a stimulating, safe and nurturing environment for children to learn and grow, while supporting families. Adhere to the Days Nursery Act and YMCA policies and procedures. Provide support and assistance to the OEYC Supervisor on the daily operations of the centre.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Create an environment that is safe, clean and welcoming
- Provide materials for children that will give them the opportunity to learn, be successful and grow as individuals
- Assume responsibility for communicating with parents, on site partners, and agencies
- Work with team members to prepare a quality program that meets appropriate developmental needs of the children
- Complete program plans as per curriculum requirements
- Ensure that a diversified program is developed with established routines that supports and nurtures the development of the child
- Set up program environment for children that is welcoming with various age appropriate toys and activities
- Maintain open lines of communication with all staff, parents and external contacts
- Maintain parent and child relationships on a daily basis and provide ongoing parent education and information
- Assume responsibility for daily administration, including documentation of centre occurrences, attendance and curriculum projects as required
- Assist in the orientation of parents
- Provide positive child guidance
- Communicate with Supervisor when support/guidance is required for difficult situations regarding the children
- Attend professional development workshops, association meetings, and centre staff meetings
- Act as the primary contact in the event of an emergency/issue/concern in the absence of the OEYC Supervisor
- Assist in calculating, processing and coding fees and receipts, update waiting lists, create monthly statistical reports and monthly playground inspections and schedule staff
- Assist with hiring, orientation and training of centre staff and volunteers
- Assist with evaluating staff performance and establishing action plans for staff and centre
- Attend workshops, trainings, conferences and staff meetings as required
- Assume other duties as assigned
- Completion of Community College ECE diploma or equivalent
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in an OEYC or licensed child care setting preferred
- CECE Membership required for qualified ECE candidates
- CPR and First Aid certification
- Familiar with the Day Nurseries Act
- Acceptable Police Check
Coaching and Development: Commits to assisting participants, volunteers and staff to learn and grow personally and professionally.
Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner to support information sharing.
Concern for Health and Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
Creativity and Innovation: Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to help achieve desired results
Tolerance for Ambiguity: Functions effectively in situations of less than perfect or incomplete information.
In addition to the above competencies the Association Core Competencies are required, Commitment to Organization Vision and Values, Diversity, Integrity, Teamwork
Note: This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and core values, as well as a commitment to building developmental assets in children and adults.
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources, YMCA Administration Offices
460 Frederick Street, Suite 203,
Kitchener ON N2H 2P5
Fax to: 519-576-6223
Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 12:00 pm
The YMCAs of Cambridge & Kitchener-Waterloo complies with the Employment Standards Act,Pay Equity Legislation and the Human Rights Code. The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.The YMCAs of Cambridge & Kitchener-Waterloo are committed to protecting personal information by following responsible information handling practices, in keeping with privacy laws. For more information on the YMCA’s commitment to privacy, please visit our website at www.ymcacambridgekw.ca