We are currently looking for a Centre Director to join our team. If you’ve run a centre before (with 2 years of expertise running that centre) and have a minimum of 4 years of experience in the licenced childcare setting, we want to hear from you!
Ultimately, you’re Doodle Bugz’s eyes and ears in our new centre, which means you’ll have three main areas of interest:
- The Centre: Make it better. You’ll use your past experience to identify how this centre can do things differently and better. You’ll use your interpersonal skills to do that in a way that makes the staff excited to be part of the journey.
- The Children: you believe that every child has the right to quality education and will step above and beyond to make sure our children and their families come first.
- The Staff: Our home is your home, and the home to some really great staff members. You have an open mind and door. You believe that everyone should be seen, heard, and valued.
- We are a fresh new organization with plans to grow exponentially and would LOVE for you to grow with us!
- Our staff is our family. Our Doodle Bugz family will live and grow together with respect and kindness to all that we meet.
- We have fun! We regularly have team building outings
- We offer benefits for you and your family after 4 months of employment.
- We regularly have continuing education/ professional development opportunities.
- Our open-door policy entitles every staff member to be seen and heard.
- Our fridge is ALWAYS stacked with delicious snacks (healthy of course!)
- We believe in the Early Childhood profession and compensate our educators accordingly
Now all the technical stuff…. Qualifications.
Education & Experience
- Diploma or Degree in Early Childhood Education from a recognized Ontario Post-Secondary Institution or AECEO Equivalency
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working in the childcare industry
- Minimum 2 years related supervisory experience with knowledge and experience of operating a childcare centre
- Registered member of the College of ECE in good standing.
- Valid CPR Level C and Standard First Aid Certificate
- Criminal reference check – Vulnerable sector screening must be completed within 1 month of employment
- Medical certificate required as per CCEYA regulations
Duties and Responsibilities
- Is a resource & provides training to centre team & can be counted on by staff members.
- Has foresight to proactively identify & resolve problems about the business at the centre level to ensure that business is driving forward.
- Organizes schedules/budgets in an efficient/productive manner & anticipates and plans for contingencies.
- Pays attention to detail and presentation of work
- Maintains and builds strong stakeholder relationships including but not limited to
- Uses one to one coaching to set clear, fair goals for self and others.
- Communicates freely and in a collaborative nature with centre owner.
- Manages employees to ensure centre and divisional targets and regulatory requirements are being worked towards and met (enrollment, health, licensing, fire, etc)
- Actively and successfully trains and coaches staff to aid in problem solving and offers/provides the needed tools/resources for the success of the team
- Fosters a cohesive and positive team environment at a centre level & establishes collaborative relationships with peers.
At Doodle Bugz, we put a lot of care and time into who we hire. We believe that to build a truly innovative and inclusive childcare centre, we need to build high impact teams. Our recruitment process centres around what we call the “Life Story” interview, a conversational-style interview where we get to learn more about you, your practises, your beliefs, and your style of teaching the generation of tomorrow. You have more an impact than you think.
We invite you to email us with your spectacular resume and cover letter to:
Title: "Message to the Hiring Manager"
Closing date: EOD September 10th, 2021
Estimated Start date: October 4th, 2021
Selected candidates can expect to hear back within 1 week from closing.