- Establishes new and innovative field practicum opportunities to meet the changing needs of the School of Early Childhood Education programs and the new ECE curriculum and to maximize quality student experience;
- Assist in developing and maintaining supporting data, documentation, templates and manuals required for students to have quality field experiences – collaboration with faculty to develop material distribution;
- Assigns students to various sites in accordance with program requirements, experiences and interests;
- Maintains a database of established field site addresses and demographics as to their ability to meet both student and program needs;
- Develops and maintains community partner contacts and actively participates in program related associations to obtain highest possible profile for Seneca programs and students and conducting research on the internet or community networks to identify potential community partners;
- Promotes the College in general and the School by making formal presentations to community agencies and schools;
- Liaises with students and host agencies when necessary and advises students with respect to conduct;
- Maintains up-to-date copies of all necessary field practicum documentation, including guidelines and evaluations for host and students, confirmations of practicums, attendance records, and distributes and collects these as records;
- Responds to student, external, staff and faculty inquiries concerning field practicum, and makes referrals where necessary;
- Leads or attends orientation sessions, classroom information sessions related to field practicum for students or community partners;
- Conducts Field Visits and reviews student evaluations;
- Provides all necessary administrative support for School events;
- Provides support in a variety of settings to deal with practicum related issues;
- Provides supports with the ECE Field Practicum website
- The successful candidate must have a diploma/degree in Early Childhood Education.
- A minimum of three years related experience is required with an emphasis in the area of Early Childhood Education, education and supervision.
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheet applications and database at an advanced level is necessary.
- Self-starter and self-motivated, with the ability to prioritize and work both independently and as a team, with minimum supervision, using own initiative to make decisions as required, in accordance with College, Faculty and School policies and procedures.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills are essential to interact with the College’s multi-cultural/racial/able staff, students and the public and to promote student life.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to work independently towards establishing and meeting priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to market programs to agencies in order to procure practicum sites.
- Awareness of college and program Academic Policies and Student Policies would be an asset.
- Travel will be required across GTA.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hourly Rate: 24 hours per week (9am-2pm schedule with varied hours when conducting field placement visits)
TO APPLY: Please prepare a covering letter and resume (as one document) with Part-Time ECE Field Placement Coordinator in the file name, and addressed to Kathrina Lalog (email@example.com) by Sunday, December 4, 2016.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.