YWCA Cambridge, a trusted community leader, responds to the needs of women and girls through innovative programs, services and advocacy which builds capacity and strengthens our community. Our Girls’Centre is a unique girls-only space that provides high-quality, accessible programs for girls 9 to 18.
2 year contract, 20 hours per week
Working in collaboration with the Girls’ Programming staff team, the Mentoring Coordinator is responsible for the development, implementation, supervision and evaluation of the Enhanced Mentoring Program for girls aged 9-13.
Skills & Qualifications
1. Have experience with volunteer recruitment, interview and screening processes
2. Have experience working with girls between the ages
of 9 and 13 is an asset but not required
3. Have excellent communication skills with both adults
4. Be flexible, enabling and encouraging mentors and
mentees to implement girl-led programming
5. Be willing to work as part of a highly collaborative
6. Be able to deliver/monitor programming two evenings
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter by Tuesday June 10, 2014 to:
Kim Decker, Executive Director
55 Dickson Street
Cambridge, ON N1R 7A5