Start Date: June 2022 (exact date TBD)
Status: Permanent with Benefit compensation package
Location: St. Margaret Child Care- 210 Cowan blvd.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (working hours will vary) + Overtime- depending on the needs of the centre
Qualifications and Experience:
- Early Childhood Educator with working experience in all age groups.
- Must have up to date documentation required by the Ministry of Education and Public Health: membership with the College of Early Childhood Educators, current certifications (First Aid CPR Level C), immunizations and a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Reference Check.
- Must be willing to obtain Food Handling certification and keep certification valid.
- Minimum of 5-year experience working with the YWCA Cambridge is preferred with demonstrated skills in organization, public relations, teamwork and commitment.
- Experience working with children with varied abilities.
- Working knowledge of Early Learning Framework (ELF), CCEYA and How Does Learning Happen.
- Proven ability to implement emergent and Reggio Emilia Curriculum.
- Ability to interpret and implement organizational policies and procedures, guidelines and protocols of external governing bodies such as Public Health and Ministry of Education.
- Works with Inclusion Facilitator, external agencies, services and resources including local community agencies within the child and family sector to provide integrated seamless programs.
- Strong collaborative, interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including active listening skills.
- Ability to use tact, discretion, sound judgement, fair and effective problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize work effectively.
- Ability and experience with guiding, mentoring and coaching others.
- Work independently, contribute, and be an influential member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Working understanding and use of technology and software such as Microsoft products etc.
- A valid driver's license with access to a vehicle is required.