Company: Moppet Parent Participating Preschool
Location: Suddaby Public School, 171 Frederick St.Kitchener, Ontario
Work Duration: This is a part-time contract position that runs annually from September to June.
Moppet Parent Participating Preschool is seeking an energetic, creative and enthusiastic ECE as a Supervisor-Teacher for our program.
Moppet believes in providing a fun, safe and educational program that facilitates the social, emotional, physical and cognitive growth of our children. It is a co-operative based school run by a parent Board of Directors. Our program runs 3 days a week with separate morning and afternoon programs. It is a licensed program with the Ministry of Education, Child Care Quality Assurance and Licensing Branch.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The overall planning and implementation of the program as well as meeting the requirements set by the Ministry of Education under the Day Nurseries Act
- Completing daily logs of attendance, children’s health and activity records as well as detailed records for children with special needs. S/he will arrange indoor and outdoor space to facilitate creative play, motor-skill activities, and safety
- Providing supervision and guidance of behaviour, daily activities, field trips and special activities
- Working in partnership with, supervising, and mentoring the Assistant Teacher
- Providing opportunities for creative expression through the mediums of art, dramatic play and music
- Assessing and documenting children’s development
- Developing, implementing and following various policies relating to licensing regulations (including but not limited to Health, Fire, Regional, Provincial and Federal regulations)
- Working closely and harmoniously with volunteers and the parent-led Board of Directors
- Attending executive board meetings, and serving on committees as required
- Attending professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence
- Participating in Raising the Bar (a community-based peer accredited set of quality standards)
The successful candidate must:
- Be registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Bring at least 5 years experience working with preschool children or exceptional references (Proven experience working with volunteers and a parent-led Board of directors is an asset.)
- Show warmth and sincerity when working with children
- Be innovative, and have strong programming skills
- Possess strong interpersonal communication skills with an emphasis on teamwork
- Possess excellent behaviour management skills that include leadership, problem solving, positive reinforcement and redirection strategies
- Be in possession of a current Criminal Reference Check, valid First Aid/CPR certificate and current health assessment (including vaccine history and TB test)
- Be approved by the program supervisor of the Ministry of Education, Child Care Quality Assurance and Licensing Branch
Check us out on the web: www.moppetpreschool.com. Interested applicants are invited to submit cover letter and resume by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants but only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Closing date: Thursday, June 7th, 2012