Brockton Child Care Centre
The Program/Administrative Coordinator reports to the Brockton Child Care Centre Supervisor and will interact with all staff, children and parents at the Centre. Candidates must be self-motivated, flexible, energetic and have the ability to build trust and positive relationships with children and their families. The successful candidate will be a respected leader, exhibit superior organizational capabilities, have excellent written/oral communication and computer skills.
- Assists with supervising staff in the absence of the Supervisor and Assistant Supervisor.
- Assist with orienting new staff.
- Supervises children in a variety of settings such as out of doors, in the classroom and in the sleep room.
- Implements policies and procedures such as staff/child ratios, behaviour management, program planning, fees, health and safety, etc.
- Orders and purchases supplies for programs.
- Assists with planning and organizing Christmas concerts special events, field trips and parties.
- Mentor/teach and be a resource for teaching staff on curriculum.
- Word processes a variety of documents such as letters and reports including writing reports for children with special needs.
- Assists supervisor with adherence to Ministry licensing requirements (including allergy lists, playground inspections, typing menus, organizing and implementing fire drills).
- Assists with preparing weekly attendance for after school program, including preparing weekly numbers for Supervisor.
- Assists with Centre communications including newsletters, letters, website and social media.
- Three to Five years’ experience working in the child care field is an asset.
- Post-Secondary Education degree or diploma in Early Childhood Education.
- Demonstrated advance knowledge of the Emergent Curriculum and ability to mentor/coach co-workers.
- Ability to be flexible to changing demands while maintaining accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Works cooperatively with team members and staff to ensure necessary workflow and coverage.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and proficient skills in varying computer applications (Microsoft word).
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to deal with internal and external stakeholders with tact and discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and understand legislation, knowledge of the Child Care and Early Years Act
If you are looking for an excellent opportunity to be a leader and to support the healthy development of children, with a comprehensive compensation/benefits package please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to the undersigned by 12:00 p.m. Monday, May 17, 2021 via e-mail or regular mail. It should be noted that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Julie Farrell, Human Resources Generalist
100 Scott St., Box 68
WALKERTON, Ontario N0G 2V0
The Municipality of Brockton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Municipality of Brockton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the Municipality of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.