YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo invites applications for the temporary part-time position of:
CLEANER(unionized position, temporary until March 20, 2017)
As a cleaner you would be responsible for day to day cleaning at a childcare centre.
· Previous cleaning employment experience
· Conscientious and willing to take initiative
· Must be able to follow both written and verbal instructions
· Practice proper operation of equipment to assure safety and avoid damage to equipment
· Understand and exceed health and safety standards
· WHMIS training is preferred
· Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification
· Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm
All employees of the YWCA are expected to demonstrate respect, empathy, and accountability to the people who access our services, and to attend work regularly as regular attendance is critical to maintaining the highest quality and level of service expected in delivering services.
WAGE: $18.2525 per hour (plus 2% in lieu of benefits)
HOURS: 30 hours every two weeks
Please respond in writing by November 23, 2016 indicating how you became aware of this job posting to:
Ana Cabral, Manager
YWCA Childcare Centre (Bridge Street)
8 Bridge Street East
Kitchener, ON N2K 1J2
YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.