for the temporary, part-time position of:
YOUTH WORKER I
This program runs until September 30 2016, with a possible extension)
The Youth Worker will plan, organize and deliver a calendar of structured and informal discussions and activities for YWCA Story Sheroes, a program for girls that promotes social, emotional, cognitive and physical growth, while exploring topics relevant to self-esteem, body image, self-identity and expression through literacy while enhancing their reading and writing skills.
- Degree or diploma in the Human Service, English or Education field.
- Work experience with youth, developing and facilitating literacy based programming.
- Experience teaching or tutoring youth on reading and writing would be an asset.
- Awareness of issues and community resources relevant to pre-teen and teenage girls.
- Creativity and skill in researching relevant activities to provide diversity in programming.
- Working knowledge of program evaluation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work with and liaison with multiple stakeholders, including program participants, parents, library staff, guest facilitators, etc.
- Tolerance of Ambiguity and the ability to be able to change tasks or directions with ease, make back up plans, and explore new ways of delivering programming.
- Self-motivated with the ability to complete planning and facilitation work independently
- Current standard first aid and C.P.R. certification.
Rate of Pay: $20.135 per hour, with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits
Hours: 6 hours per week (1 2-hour evening session per week, 4 hours program planning per week)
Please respond in writing, indicating how you became aware of this job posting, by January 31, 2016 to:
153 Frederick Street
Kitchener, ON N2H 2M2
The YWCA is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals
of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity and sexual orientations.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.