YWCA Kitchener Waterloo invites you to submit your application for the temporary part-time (until December 29, 2017) position of:
YOUTH WORKER II
The Youth Worker II will assist in the delivery of activities for YWCA GirlSpace, a drop-in program that promotes leadership, teamwork, self-reliance and independence, self-awareness and positive self-esteem for girls 12-16.
- Degree or diploma in the area of social work, social justice, women’s studies, child and youth worker, recreation or other relevant field of study would be an asset.
- Work experience with youth and facilitating youth-led programming.
- Awareness of issues and community resources relevant to pre-teen and teenage girls.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work with and liaison with multiple stakeholders, including program participants, parents, community centre staff, guest facilitators, etc.
- Tolerance of ambiguity and the ability to be able to change tasks or directions with ease, make back up plans, and explore new ways of delivering programming.
- Current first aid and CPR certification.
Rate of Pay: $19.313 per hour, with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits
Hours: 6 hours per week, 3 afternoon /evenings Monday to Friday
Please respond in writing, indicating how you became aware of this job posting, by February 10, 2016 to:
153 Frederick Street
Kitchener, ON N2H 2M2
The YWCA is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations, and are committed to ensuring equal and full participation for all applicants during the recruitment and selection process.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.