invites applications for the temporary, full-time position of:
INTENSIVE HOUSING SUPPORT COORDINATOR
(Non-union Position January 3, 2017 to June 30, 2017)
The Intensive Housing Support Coordinator establishes and maintains relationships with women and trans people experiencing persistent homelessness and who have significant mental health issues, addictions or trauma and provides intensive support to promote a stable shelter stay. Assesses housing needs and supports, develops and implements housing plans, assists with housing search related activities, and provides community accompaniment and housing system navigation to support their transition to housing stability.
- Successful completion of an undergraduate degree in Social Services or equivalent human services education and a minimum of three years’ case management work experience with individuals in a mental health/addictions setting preferred.
- Masters in Social Work would be an asset.
- Conceptual and theoretical knowledge of strength based mental health approaches, addictions, trauma, violence against women, women in conflict with the law, youth and adolescents, crisis and suicide intervention
- Proven skills in support, counseling, conflict resolution, crisis intervention and suicide prevention and de-escalation skills
- The position requires a tolerance of ambiguity and the ability to be able to change tasks or directions with ease, make back up plans, and adapt ways of providing support to the needs of diverse individuals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office
- First Aid and CPR Level C Certification
- Overdose Prevention Training
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record
All employees of the YWCA are expected to demonstrate respect, empathy, and accountability to the people who access our services, and to attend work regularly as regular attendance is critical to maintaining the highest quality and level of service expected in delivering services.
Starting Hourly Rate: $24.04
Hours: 30 hours per week (Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday from 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.)
Please respond in writing by 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, December 21, 2016 to:
153 Frederick Street
Kitchener, ON N2H 2M2
The YWCA is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colours, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, gender identity and sexual orientations, and are committed to ensuring equal and full participation for all applicants during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.